- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balancing
- Vehicle servicing
- Road Worthy Certificates
- All Repairs
- Air Con Service and Repair
- Annual Bus Safety Checks
'A' Service as well as:
- Replace spark plugs where needed
- Clean throttle bottle and idle speed motor
- Check fuel filter
- Check emissions
- Check engine-operating computer
Annual Bus Safety Inspection
Under the Bus Safety Act 2009 (Vic) bus safety inspections are a legal requirement for accredited and registered operators and apply to all commercial and non-commercial operations. Each bus that is used in the provision of the operator’s bus service must be inspected annually. This has been implemented to ensure the safety of your passengers and drivers.
What can happen if my bus has not had a safety inspection in the last year?
A failure to have your bus inspected annually may result in disciplinary action at the discretion of TSV (Transport Safety Victoria)’s bus safety compliance officers when they audit operators or undertake targeted compliance inspections. We recently had a customer inform us that they were threatened with an $18,000 fine should their bus be found to be outside the period that the annual inspection covered.
We can help!
As a licensed vehicle tester authorised by VicRoads to test buses we can perform this inspection for roadworthiness for you as well as any minor or major repairs at very competitive prices.
What is inspected?
We will inspect your bus to ensure that key components have not worn or deteriorated and that it is safe for normal road use. Our inspection will cover:
· Wheels and tyres
· Steering, suspension and braking systems
· Seats and seat belts
· Lamps and reflectors
· Windscreen and windows, including front windscreen wipers and washers
· The structure of the bus itself
· Other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine
So please keep us in mind for your next bus safety inspection and repairs.
- Comprehensive safety check under carriage, suspension/steering, etc.
- Check all lights and wipers/washers
- Change oil and filter
- Check diff and gearbox level
- Check tyre tread, pressures and brakes
- Balance and rotate wheels
- Check and top up on all fluid levels, including brake fluid, power steering, transmission, coolant, wiper bottle and battery level
- Complete safety check of hoses, air filter, belts, oil leads, wiper blades and spare tyre
- Lubricate door hinges
- Road test
Air Conditioning Service
- Evacuate air conditioning system
- Check belts for wear and tension
- Check condenser air flow
- Re-gas system - add UV leak detection dye
- Check for leaks
- Check system pressures and temperature
- Road test.